You can save on utility bills, improve the quality of your indoor air, and extend the lifespan of your HVAC system by cleaning the ducts. If you decide to clean your ducts, you should know how to prepare for the process.
You need to prepare for a scheduled duct cleaning, aside from professional services. We’ll help you understand what you’ll need to do to get ready for an AC duct cleaning.
What You Need to Do Before the Professionals Arrive
Make some essential decisions as a homeowner to ensure that the work is done correctly. Here are some of the things that you must do:
- Clear the Work Space for Duct Cleaning
Remove furniture and clear debris before the cleaning professionals arrive. That will help their work to go smoother. Also, get an idea of how much space the contractors will need around the register, air conditioner, and furnace in advance.
Organize your area and have your children clean their rooms. This step is crucial because it speeds up cleanup, and you’ll have your space back shortly.
- Decide Whether to Stay or Leave
Due to the noise, you might not want children around while duct cleaning is taking place. So, if you plan to leave the property for the air duct cleaning process, it is crucial to make this decision in advance.
However, you might want to observe the process. Thus, you should inform the technician in advance if you and your children are going to be at home. Also, you’ll need to know about the safety procedures during the duct cleaning.
- Consider Your Pet’s Safety
It might be a good idea to keep your pet out of the way during the cleaning process. But if they are at home, you need to inform the contractors. You can have the contractor clean a single room first, and your pets can remain there.
What to Do When the Professionals Arrive
People often leave the house immediately as soon as the technicians arrive. Don’t do that. Here are a few things that you should do once the contractor visits:
- Walk them through the space and show them all the vents and registers that require cleaning. If they are skilled, they might even point out some areas you overlooked.
- Discuss how you want your surface to be protected
- Inform the technician what to do to keep the home secure and where to place the keys if you’ve to leave.
- Ask essential questions. You will be paying for this service, so you must know what it involves and how it is done. A professional technician will gladly answer your questions.
After you have taken all the necessary steps and the professionals have completed their work, it’s a good idea to check the results with them. If you hired a professional and reputable AC duct cleaning company, you should have no problems whatsoever.