Water contamination is the major cause of many diseases among adults as well as children. But we rarely pay attention to water tank cleaning and disinfection. Many of us think that the purification of drinking water is enough to stay away from water-borne diseases but this is not true. We consume water in some or other ways from domestic water storage tanks that are the major source of water supply in the entire home. It is why we cannot neglect routine water tank cleaning and disinfection services.
Since water coming from water storage tanks is used for various household purposes such as brushing, bathing, and washing clothes, it is necessary to inspect the domestic water tank regularly for any contamination. A water tank should be cleaned and disinfected at least once a year in order to avoid water-borne diseases. When water tank cleaning is very necessary, it is also essential to do it through professional water tank cleaning and disinfection services for the best and long-lasting results.
Here’re some key steps to follow for perfect water tank cleaning and disinfection:
- Drain out the water: Drain all the water from the tank or store it in another container for other uses. It is not easy to drain all the water using a suction pipe so use a soft cloth or sponge to absorb water and dirt completely.
- Scrub the entire internal surface: Manually scrap and scrub all internal surfaces using a stiff brush, soft cloth, and sponge to remove all the dirt, sediments, fungus & stains.
- Wash and clean the entire internal surface: Use a high-pressure jet to wash everything from the internal surface after completing the scrubbing process. Vacuum cleaning is done after this to suck out all the remaining dirt, debris, and contamination from the tank.
- Sanitate and disinfect the tank: Disinfection and chlorination are the next steps to completely sanitize the water storage tank. Disinfect your water tank using anti-bacterial spray or liquid bleach as recommended by professionals. Chemical disinfection must be carried out by professionals by considering all the factors for effective cleaning.
- Refill the tank and flush it: After the chemical disinfection, refill the tank and drain it through all the taps to disinfect the pipelines in your home. After draining and flushing the entire water, leave the tank for drying.
Your water storage tank is now thoroughly cleaned and ready to be filled with fresh water for household uses except drinking and cooking. Always use purified water for drinking and cooking food. The whole water tank cleaning process could take 5-6 hours but it’s worth doing for the sake of your family’s health. It is recommended not to perform tank cleaning yourself and hire professional water tank cleaning and disinfection services for specialized and effective cleaning.